SERVPRO is here to help after storm damage!
During a storm the tree broke and landed on the home.
SERVPRO of Belleville-O'Fallon specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When a storm hits, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 618-233-1289
Does your home have a mold problem?
Mold growth in a humid wet basement.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 618-233-1289
Sump Pump failure causes basement to flood.
Flooded basement was caused by a sump pump back up.
This home has had two water damages very close together. Just a few short months ago our crews were out to do restoration work after a pipe busted. Now just last week their sump pump failed and flooded the basement.
The home owners were on vacation when the sump pump failed and came home to their basement flooded with water and sewage. The homeowners experienced a disaster no one ever wishes too. Coming home from vacation is already not fun; but coming home to a flooded basement is even worse.
SERVPRO quickly responded to the call and started extracting the water immediately. Luckily the basement was not fully finished from the last water damage so not too much was damaged.
SERVPRO of Belleville-O'Fallon is here to help and we are always available for calls and services. Call us at 618-233-1289 any day or time!
Continuing Education Classes!
Attention all property insurance agents and adjusters! SERVPRO of Belleville-O'Fallon hosts many FREE continuing education classes throughout the year at their office located in Troy, IL.
We have a class coming up quickly! It will be held on Tuesday April 23. There will be a morning class and an afternoon class. You can attended one or both.
The morning class will be from 9am-12pm and the topic will be Ethics and Professional Standards 2019.
The afternoon class will be from 1pm-5pm and the topic will be Water, Biohazards, Trauma & Hoarding Claims.
If you are needing to get your hours done this year please contact our office at 618-233-1289 and we can fax you an enrollment form. These classes do fill up quickly!
We are IICRC Certified
SERVPRO of Belleville-O'Fallon is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Belleville-O'Fallon
SERVPRO of Belleville-O'Fallon specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm.
Let the professionals clean up the mold!
Lately we have had a lot of rain, ice and snow. With the amount we have been having the chances of leaks in your home is higher. There are people who experience small water damages and clean it up themselves. Which is always fine; but, in some cases mold will begin to grow after they cleaned up.
There is visible mold and then the mold you can not see. The mold you can not see is always the hardest to clean if you are not properly trained. All of SERVPRO’s production crew members have been trained on how to clean up both visible mold and the mold you can not see. There are certain steps that need to be taken in order to keep the mold spores contained to that area. It is always best to have a trained professional handle mold removal.
If you start to see mold it is best to leave it alone and give us a call! We will have someone come out to look at it and even refer a company to test the mold if needed. We are always Here to Help!
Call our office at 618-233-1289
Why you should call SERVPRO!
Working on a water damage at a local hotel. The crews arrived around 5am to begin work.
SERVPRO of Belleville-O'Fallon has been in the residential and commercial restoration and clean-up business since 1993. Our staff is highly trained and ready to help after any disaster.
Whether you experience a busted pipe, small fire or find some mold in your home or business SERVPRO is just a call away! After hours and on the weekends we have someone available to take your call.
Once the appointment is set to do work; a CSR will do a walk through, sketch the affected area and let you know the step by step process. The start to finish process is very easy and we are here to answer questions throughout.
If you ever experience a disaster give us a call! We are more than ready to help make it look "Like it never even happened."
Call us at 618-233-1289
SERVPRO is ready for your water damage!
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Belleville-O'Fallon provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Belleville-O'Fallon arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 618-233-1289
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Belleville-O'Fallon
SERVPRO of Belleville-O'Fallon specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Call our office at 618-233-1289
Fire damage? We do smoke and soot cleanup!
Soot left on the stairs after a house fire.
Smoke and soot are very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Belleville-O'Fallon will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 618-233-1289
All about Carbon Monoxide.
How much do you know about carbon monoxide?
Carbon monoxide is a dangerous gas that cannot be seen, tasted and has no smell. On an average 430 people die a year from carbon monoxide poisoning. The majority of the time these deaths are caused by faulty, improperly used or vented furnaces, ranges, heaters, etc.
There are many steps you can take to prevent your family, friends, employees, etc., from carbon monoxide poisoning. Perform regular maintenance on all CO equipment and appliances. Install carbon monoxide detectors on every level of your home or business and check the batteries often.
If you are needing to use a portable generator and other machine that puts off fumes; only use it in well ventilated areas away from doors, windows, vents or any other opening.